Split Gx_head in two: Pre amp and power amp

need a feature, suggest here

Split Gx_head in two: Pre amp and power amp

Postby Rodney » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:33 am

Dear Brummer,

I was thinking of a solution for the high gain/push-pull thing, since I couldn't come up with one, I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to split gx_head in two: Pre-amp and power amp, just like the rack mount real things( mesa boogie triaxis preamp and stereo2:fifty power amp for example), that way you could combine the high gain 12ax7 code for the preamp with the high gain code of 6V6 for the poweramp and then push-pull the signal, what do you think?. Also I think it would be cool to do that, because it would benefit users with more option variety to the signal chain: who wants to let's say add the tonestack or some effect in-between the preamp and the power amp section, so you don't have only the option of putting it before or after gx_head.

Just a suggestion :)

Thanks a lot as usual Brummer, guitarix 0.35.1 Rocks even harder!

Att.: Rodney
Rodney

Re: Split Gx_head in two: Pre amp and power amp

Postby brummer10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:57 am

Hi Rodney

Have you ever played with the Postamp module? It's based on the 6V6 tube emulation.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby Rodney » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi Brummer!

Yeah definitely I have, it's great! But for some reason I am not allowed to move it on the signal chain, it always stays as the last one, so let's say if I want to put the Cabinet after it, I can't. Another thing that I think would benefit if it would be split in two is the fact that the Presence would be on the power amp instead of the preamp, but like I said, just my own suggestion :).

Great job anyway guitarix only gets better and better! :D

Cheers!

Thanks a lot
Rodney

Postby brummer10 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 am

Rodney wrote:it always stays as the last one, so let's say if I want to put the Cabinet after it, I can't.

well, that's because the Postamp is a stereo module, and the cabinet is mono.
So I've added now a stereo cabinet module, which you could place after the Postamp.
Regarding the presence, the Postamp use the Feedback-algorithm, which is, in the results, comparable to the presence controller in the preamp. Play with the wet/FB controller in the Postamp.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby Rodney » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 am

Dear Brummer,

You are AWESOME! Thank you sooo very much :D, I will definitely play with it!

THanks a bunch as always! And keep rockin'!

Att.: Rodney
Rodney

Return to Suggestion Box