Cross-platform interface

need a feature, suggest here

Cross-platform interface

Postby Rabit » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi, Guys

I just prepare my new project OneButton and would like to cooperate.
Seems like guitarix unable to run on non-linux platforms (win, mac, android...) and web interface is not the same as native GTK interface - so, maybe we can prepare Qt5+QML interface?

Right now I'm using partially-ready OneControl interface, that will use bluetooth/network connection to transmit json-rpc data (based on webui for guitarix).

What do you think about true-crossplatform interface?
Rabit

Re: Cross-platform interface

Postby brummer10 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:54 am

Hi

Looks like a interesting project. Love your 3D printed case. :metalbanana:
A couple of users here played around with guitarix on a RPI, your project could make it a bit more easy to get "professional" results in short time.

Well, I'm personally haven't any interest in cross platform support, I only use Linux for all my tasks.
But, I've nothing against it. That said, I mean, a additional interface to guitarix, based on QT5, will be welcome to the project. If you like to start developing it inside the project, let me know your sourceforge user name, and I'll open a developer access for you.

Thanks for your patches to the web interface, I've applied them to our git repository.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby Rabit » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:13 pm

brummer10 wrote:Well, I'm personally haven't any interest in cross platform support, I only use Linux for all my tasks.

Yeah, I also use linux everywhere - but android phone) And no way to run native gtk Guitarix interface on it...

brummer10 wrote:If you like to start developing it inside the project, let me know your sourceforge user name, and I'll open a developer access for you.

I'm not sure about developing inside project, because it's huge amount of code. I think continue to prepare onecontrol interface using json-rpc and post some patches to guitarix is better way right now. If the project succeed - it's no so much work to integrate it into the main tree.
Rabit

Postby gimmeapill » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Rabit,

I have one off topic question about your project: What kind of round trip latency do you achieve with those ESI audio interfaces + ODROIDs? Any other details about the distro/kernel?
gimmeapill

Postby FFF » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:45 am

Hey Rabit,

cool looking project, I think it would be a nice addition so I'll check it out! Not much of a coder though so unfortunately I cant help with anything :-(

just as gimmeapill I'm interested in the ESI + ODROID combi.. any chance on some more info?

thanx - FFF
FFF

Postby Rabit » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

gimmeapill wrote:What kind of round trip latency do you achieve with those ESI audio interfaces + ODROIDs?

Hmm, I still not seriously tested it, but jack shows me ~3ms latency with 128 buffer on 44100. Will test it later and add an info in readme.
gimmeapill wrote:Any other details about the distro/kernel?

It's just stock odroid system with basic audio improvements (setup.sh in the repo)
Rabit

Return to Suggestion Box