many problem using midi controller

Found a bug ? Report here

many problem using midi controller

Postby Yruama_Lairba » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:29 pm

i just tried to use guitarix with a midi controller and i found many unexpected behaviour:

part1:

example1: assuming i have 2 preset with a "tube screamer" in the rack
- preset 1 : screamer is off
- preset 2 : screamer is off too
now, with preset 1 loaded, i assign a Midi CC to the on/off buton of the screamer and I activate the screamer with the controller. then, when i load the preset 2, the screamer appear to be off in the GUI but guitarix sound like if it's on.

example2 is worth :
- preset 1 : screamer in the rack ans is off
- preset 2 : no screamer in the rack.
As before,preset 1 is loaded, i assign a Midi CC to the on/off buton of the screamer and I activate the screamer with the controller.. then, when i load the preset 2: it sound like if the screamer was loaded somewhere in the rack, but the gui doesn't show any screamer in the rack. this invisible screamer can be activated/deactivated with my controller.

part2 : is about the "include midi controller in preset" option that can have very weir result :
1 - "include midi controller in preset" option is disabled and i haven't any midi controlleur.
2 - i create a preset and save it as "P1"
3 - i enable "include midi controller in preset" option, but didn't create any midi controller
4 - i create a preset and save it as "P2"
5 - "include midi controller in preset" is enabled,i create a midi controller, for exemple, to disable/enable screamer.
6 - i create a preset and save it as "P3"

now, if i load P3 then P1, my controller is associated to screamer, but if i load P2 then P1, there isn't controller associated to screamer.

Maybe the way guitarix is handling midi controller should be rethought ?
Yruama_Lairba

Re: many problem using midi controller

Postby brummer10 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:59 am

Yruama_Lairba wrote:i just tried to use guitarix with a midi controller and i found many unexpected behaviour:

part1:

example1: assuming i have 2 preset with a "tube screamer" in the rack
- preset 1 : screamer is off
- preset 2 : screamer is off too
now, with preset 1 loaded, i assign a Midi CC to the on/off buton of the screamer and I activate the screamer with the controller. then, when i load the preset 2, the screamer appear to be off in the GUI but guitarix sound like if it's on.

Hi

Yes, a bug, thanks for fiddling it out. I've pushed a fix for it to our git repository.

Yruama_Lairba wrote:example2 is worth :
- preset 1 : screamer in the rack ans is off
- preset 2 : no screamer in the rack.
As before,preset 1 is loaded, i assign a Midi CC to the on/off buton of the screamer and I activate the screamer with the controller.. then, when i load the preset 2: it sound like if the screamer was loaded somewhere in the rack, but the gui doesn't show any screamer in the rack. this invisible screamer can be activated/deactivated with my controller.

Also a bug, and also fixed now in git.

Yruama_Lairba wrote:part2 : is about the "include midi controller in preset" option that can have very weir result :
1 - "include midi controller in preset" option is disabled and i haven't any midi controlleur.
2 - i create a preset and save it as "P1"
3 - i enable "include midi controller in preset" option, but didn't create any midi controller
4 - i create a preset and save it as "P2"
5 - "include midi controller in preset" is enabled,i create a midi controller, for exemple, to disable/enable screamer.
6 - i create a preset and save it as "P3"

now, if i load P3 then P1, my controller is associated to screamer, but if i load P2 then P1, there isn't controller associated to screamer.

well, this one is how it is expected to work.
The last used Midi controller table will be used, if no new(even a empty one could be a new one) is loaded, or the table get disabled by you.

regards
hermann

Yruama_Lairba wrote:Maybe the way guitarix is handling midi controller should be rethought ?
brummer10
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports