Guitarix head on playback without interface

You need help with guitarix, ask here

Guitarix head on playback without interface

Postby Oldmac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:01 am

Hi Im a newbie to Guitarix, Jack & Ardour. Im trying to the use the Guitarix Head on playback without an Interface but I cant seem to get any sound. Is this possible to do or should I be using the Guitarix plugins directly in Ardour? Is it possible I have jack hooked up incorrectly? If so could anyone point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks. :metal2:
Oldmac

Re: Guitarix head on playback without interface

Postby brummer10 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:07 am

Hi

Srry, but I ain't understand your question. What do you try to do?
Oldmac wrote:Im trying to the use the Guitarix Head on playback without an Interface

What did that mean? Do you wont to use guitarix without GUI? No problem.
Or do you wont to use guitarix without a input/output? Not possible.
Oldmac wrote:but I cant seem to get any sound. Is this possible to do or should I be using the Guitarix plugins directly in Ardour?

Sure, it is possible, just connect the ardour out port from the audio track you would use, to guitarix.
You could loop back guitarix out into a other track in ardour and record/monitor it.
You could as well use the guitarix LV2 plugins direct in Ardour.
All that depend on your workflow, and what you would do.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Setting up Guitarix with Jack and Ardour

Postby Oldmac » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Herman. Sorry for any confusion. I want to use the Guitarix GUI and Ardour in such a way that it records a clean signal ( like most mainstream Daws ) but I can still hear the Guitarix processing in my speakers. I guess my main problem is Connect in Jack and understanding the lingo inside it. I cant seem to connect it to work properly. Is there any chance someone out there could post an image of their Jack setup with Guitarix in Ardour to give me an Idea of how to set mine up? Thanks. Btw I've got an interface now.
Oldmac

Return to need help with guitarix